Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 119

I've had a very lovely and relaxed day with my babies today. They have been so good despite both being a bit poorly and we've had lots of giggles together. Just to top it off, Morgan has clapped and waved for the first time today. My little lady has also learnt the word 'man' so I'm really hoping she'll stop shouting 'daddy' at random men in the street, so embarrassing when said stranger gives you an 'alright love' with a knowing smile!!! She also drew the same picture 4 times in a row this afternoon so I had a feeling she was drawing something specific, when I asked her she said it was a dog. I appear to have a creative genius on my hands!

On to food anyway. I really fancied pancakes this morning, Morgan was paticularly appreciative of this little whim and ate a whole mini pancake along with his weetabix. Little lady has been off food for a few days but managed to eat 4 mini pancakes with strawberry jam. Good call me thinks.

Lunch time was interesting as I remembered to up little man's portion size from 3 to 4 icecubes of chicken curry and rice, he still managed to clear the bowlful though. I also gave him a small portion of apple and rhubarb crumble with oat cream. I honestly didn't think he'd like it as the ginger in the fruit was fairly strong but again he proved me wrong and ate it all. I was mighty impressed.

I wasn't sure he would eat much at dinner time as he's barely slept today but he had all his chicken pasta bake, I stuck with 3 cubes for now, then had half his chocolate semolina. He must be having some sort of growth spurt again as his appetite is ferocious. I'm constantly giving him snacks when he is awake to try and stop him crying for lunch at 10am and dinner at an equally early time. He's struggled to sleep today due to his teeth and our neighbours rather enthusiastic DIY skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment