Sunday 13 May 2012

Day 115

I've realised I haven't mentioned little man's eczema for quite a while. It's much better but hasn't completely gone away. The worst areas he used to have were behind his knees and his fingers, his knees are virtually clear except for one very small patch on each, his fingers are just the same but he does tend to chew on them paticularly when he's teething so I'm glad it's no worse. The rest of his body is clear bar a patch the size of a 5p along the nappy line at the top of his leg. Under advice from a mummy friend, I stopped giving him pear so often and it seems to help.

On to today's breakfast then. Morgan had 2 mini pancakes to play with and a bowl of strawberry and banana porridge. He had most of the porridge and probably 1 of the pancakes in total.

Lunch was chicken and sweetcorn, he ate quite a bit of it but really didn't seem to enjoy it. He took quite a long time eating and seemed to be eating because he was hungry rather than enjoying it. He's had some strong tasting foods in the last few days so I wonder if this is just a bit bland for him. He was a little more enthusiastic about the fruity custard for afters but quickly got fed up of sitting in his highchair despite nursery rhymes, games and even the telly, so he didn't have much of it.

All afternoon he was a cranky little menace, he needed to sleep but was refusing to have more than 40 mins so spent the rest of the day either crying, eating the choccie biccies DD made with me or playing with a helium balloon. He had a good dinner, fish pie then apple and strawberry puree with a little slice of cake. He was very interested in the cooked veggies I'd put on his tray and then the cake. More finger foods as part of the meal from now on I think as he loves feeding himself to the point he has to have his own spoon during mealtimes or he will wrestle the one I'm using off me.

Morgan has been quite snotty today, I really hope this isn't yet another cold as he really does deserve some time off now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment