Saturday 31 March 2012

Day 72

Much better nights sleep thankfully, it would seem that dosing both babies with decongestants and pain relief helped them both sleep better. Morgan did end up waking at 5.30am for a bottle, he was rather vocal about it too so I have no idea how DD managed to sleep through his screaming.

Because of the 5.30 bottle I really didn't think he would be interested in breakfast, but he had about half his banana porridge. I made it up with oat milk instead of formula and didn't offer a bottle afterwards like I normally would in the hope he'd then have lunch at a normal time. It seemed to work as he had his chicken, potato and veggies just after midday, although kicked up a fuss halfway through so I ended up alternating his chicken and his custard just to try and get more in him.

Dinnertime was great fun today! I gave little man beef casserole with some spears of broccoli as finger foods. To start with Morgan was just prodding the broccoli but quickly picked it up and started biting into it. Once he'd had enough he smeared it over the highchair and dining table, sprinked it over the floor and rubbed it into his hair. I was quite glad DH wasn't home yet as the mess would have freaked him out lol. Best thing about it was seeing DD watching Morgan with the broccoli. She tends not to eat veg unless it's cooked into a meal. I didn't expect her to touch her own broccoli as it can take at least 10 exposures to a new food for a toddler to even consider trying it.

I think tomorrow i will make some semolina for little man and see if he likes it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment