Friday 30 March 2012

Day 70

Little man isn't himself. His appetite isn't so great and he's drinking half the normal amount of milk, his eczema is flaring up and his chest seems wheezy and rattling when he first sits up. Have to admit I'm a little concerned it may be hayfever or something, if he's the same tomorrow I'll ring the doctors.

He's gone through the night without a bottle again. He did his usual whingey bit during the night but didn't wake up fully and settled back down after a cuddle. I managed to get him back in his cot this time lol.

Sir was a bit anxious for his breakfast when we got up so I put him in his highchair and gave him a biscuit to keep him quiet while I cracked on, he really appreciated the sentiment and I didn't hear a peep out of him after that! Thought I'd try something different for Morgan's breakfast, so I gave him some instant porridge made up with formula and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I only made up a small amount and he had all but a spoonful. Will be trying that again then.

Lunch was a disaster. As my mum was with us, we took both babies to the local gymnastics centre as they have a toddler session every weekday. While we were there he munched on some rice cakes but I could tell he was starting to want some lunch. By the time we got back he was was screaming for lunch so I gave him salmon, sweet potato and spinach but ended up wearing most of it, he did have enough to satisfy him and he fell to sleep straight after having refused pudding or a bottle. When he woke up 40 minutes later I tried him again on beef casserole, this was refused completely so I gave up.

By dinner time he was very hungry again despite snacking on a gingerbread man's head!! I heated up some chicken and veggies for him and he reluctantly ate the lot. I had to distract him with lots of toys, drinks, games of peek a boo to get it in him but hey ho. Pudding was a no no, I barely showed it to him and he burst into tears and put his arms up for cuddles, how could I resist??

As he's only had an hours sleep in total today, I really hope he has a good nights sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment