Saturday 24 March 2012

Day 65

He slept! Little man had over an hour this morning and another hour or so this afternoon, he's so much happier for it too thankfully. We've all been outside most of the day so maybe it's worn him out? I don't know, I'm just grateful he's slept. It's also helped with his appetite as he's really tucked his food away today.

The downside of the lovely weather is his eczema is flaring up. His elbow creases are starting to look red and behind his knees, neck, face and ankles are looking angrier.

I gave him 4 grain porridge made up with formula and a mini pancake this morning for breakfast. He had a few bites of the pancake but was more interested in seeing how far it will stretch before tearing (turns out not very) then rubbing the pieces into the table. The porridge was a little more successful, he wasn't overly interested though, but then it must have been quite bland as I didn't add fruit to it.

Lunch was a puree I had to throw together in a hurry this morning, went down a treat though. It was chicken, tomato, potato and veggies with half a clove of garlic and a little sage. One of the more random ones I've come up with but he didn't care. Afterward he had a little bit of custard, but was so full he only managed about half the bowl before giving up.

I thought I'd try a cup instead of a bottle after lunch and see how he got on, trouble was he was tired again so refused to drink from it. Once the formula was back in the bottle he drank it no problem. Think I'll try it again tomorrow but after breakfast when he's more rested and alert.

For dinner, little man had salmon, sweet potato and spinach. I was reminded of what a fetching shade of green it is when I was asked "what's that?" by a curious yet slightly disturbed looking friend that had stopped by lol. Morgan didn't care though, he ate all but a spoon of the bowl then put away almost a whole pot of apple and blackcurrant puree. I was very impressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment