Tuesday 20 March 2012

Day 61

Oh what a horrid night. Morgan is teething again and he likes to let us know about it! I do feel sorry for him as he's so miserable as they come through. Lots of infant paracetamol and cuddles I think. I just hope he sleeps better tonight as I'm so tired it's making me impatient and irritable, then I feel guilty. There's just no winning some days is there?!

Anyway, as I had to do breakfast with my eyes almost shut through tiredness and a hungry, tearful baby in my arms, I went for the easy option and gave him banana porridge. He wasn't too impressed but was so hungry he made quite a dent in the serving. I have to admit, I did chase up the porridge with some infant ibuprofen and that was a battle. Trying to pin down a screaming 7 month old whilst trying to adminster medicine using a syringe and not coating him, yourself, the carpet, any nearby toys and the ceiling with it is just impossible single handedly.

By lunch time little man had only had about 20 minutes sleep and was crankier than ever through tiredness and hunger. I gave him lamb stew followed by apple, strawberry and blueberry puree knowing he loves it, and once his belly was full he was a little happier.

Sirs afternoon nap is usually about 2 and a half hours long, but today he only managed about 40 minutes as it was quite noisy outside. He's been clingy and tearful all afternoon because of it. Poor little man.

However, I managed to get out of a dinner time battle by handing the spoon to his daddy when he got back from work and disappearing to return a library book. It was a tactic I have to remember for another time lol. Morgan had about a third of the salmon, sweet potato and spinach then ate most of a banana and apple fruit pot. He spent the rest of the afternoon battling to stay awake so once he'd had a bath he completely lost the plot and fell asleep straight after a bottle.

He's not had the greatest of days, I really hope he's able to catch up with some sleep tonight and feel happier tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment