Tuesday 13 March 2012

Day 54

Another good day with sir's food. I changed my mind about giving him lamb as his new food today and went with peach while I had the courage. Stone fruits can often aggravate reflux so while I wasn't too optimistic, I thought it was worth a try. So I made up 4 grain porridge and put 2 tablespoons of cooked peach in it, the first spoon resulted in him giving me his shocked and appalled face which I think was because the fruit was so sweet. After that he seemed to enjoy it, he ate 3 quarters of the bowl anyway.

5 minutes after his last mouthful, Morgan was sick all over my trousers. And it was just peach I was wearing. Think stone fruits really are a no no for now lol.

Lunch time was quite an event too. I took my babies to the library this morning for nursery rhymes and stories being read out but managed to forget my key so was locked out. Ended up having to feed DD a happy meal while sat in the car as she was starting to cry she was so hungry and I had nothing with me. Then had to do a 20 mile round trip to collect our spare key, fortunatley little man slept through most of it and only woke up for some food as we got home. However, both my babies started screaming blue murder as I parked up. DD because she was tired and covered in fruit smoothie (well I did warn her not to squeeze the carton too hard) and sir because he had just realised he was very hungry and he seems to feel a need to cry along with his sister. I ended up feeding Morgan the same as yesterday, chicken, squash and sweet potato followed by apple and pear puree, while madam continued her tantrum in the hallway. I had a slight headache after all that!

Dinner was far less dramatic thankfully. I gave him butterbeans, carrot, sweet potato, cauliflower and apple puree. He tucked in quite happily and had about 2 thirds of the serving. He did treat me to a final hissy fit afterwards but was so tired he could only keep that up for a few minutes.

Tomorrow, I will be glueing the house key to my hand before we leave...

0 comments:

Post a Comment