Wednesday 28 March 2012

Day 68

So he's slept through for 2 nights in a row now, this is nice! Only thing is he starts to fuss around 5am and being a lazy moo myself at that ungodly hour, I've just picked him up and fallen back to sleep with him next to me. I really need to knock that habit on the head asap as I can see him wanting cuddles earlier and earlier.

As sir was rather hungry when he woke up, I gave him banana porridge as it's so quick to do. I made it much thinner than I normally do and he seemed to enjoy it more. I grabbed a gingerbread man for him to chew on, he munched on the head then tucked the soggy remains between him and the highchair, lovely mess for mummy to deal with.

I've started to give little man snacks between his meals as he's been getting a little irritable and it seems to help. Today he had raspberry and blueberry rice cakes, by the time he finished there was very little left so I'll be getting them again then!

For his lunch I gave him bolognase and pasta. He seemed to really like the taste but I put too much pasta in so he lost interest very quickly. Lesson for mummy has been learnt, I'll pour out the dry pasta then half the amount before cooking it next time. In the end I gave him salmon, sweet  potato and spinach. He really seems to enjoy strong flavours. It's made me have a think about making a fish pie for him.

Dinner was chicken, tomato, potato and veggies. He left quite a bit and was very tearful. He has only slept for an hour today though so that will affect his appetite. He was much keener on the fruit pot afterwards but still only had about a third.

Lots more teeth are also on the way so he's chewing and dribbling on everything, he also has an upset tummy which I think is linked to it. Poor baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment