Saturday 28 April 2012

Day 100


Little mans cold is really out now, he is struggling with laying flat at night as his nose gets blocked and raising the cot is pointless now as he spins round in his sleep and ends up with his head at the bottom of the slope and it makes it worse for him. He woke me up every 2 hours or so last night just needing some more decongestant and cuddles, by 4am I’d had enough so he spent the last few hours in bed with me and he slept then till 7.30am. Needs must and all that.

I really thought his appetite would be affected by his cold and lack of sleep but who am I trying to kid?? He ate all the instant porridge I’d made him, had a good try of the toast and even had half a mini pancake. I really should learn that he has my appetite, not much comes between us and our food lol.

Morgan had salmon, sweet potato and spinach for lunch, I’d made a batch yesterday evening as I’d run out so kept some aside for him. I didn’t realise how big a portion I’d kept aside but he wasn’t fazed, he just kept letting me spoon it in between giggles and demands for water. He was a bit full after that but still had some apple and pear puree.

After lunch DD wanted to play her current favourite game which involves her getting as many of us, including Morgan, to sit on the floor as she can muster then she sits with us and rolls her little pink ball to each person. For some reason both her and her brother think this is the funniest thing on earth and are in hysterics laughing throughout. The little game left Morgan so tired he was crying his heart out for about 10 minutes until he fell asleep.

Dinner was lamb roast. Lamb seems to be his favourite food and he wasted no time in eating virtually all of it. I’d made up some custard again for pudding and mixed in the rest of the apple and pear puree, he had about 3 quarters of it but took his time about this one.

I’ve had a read of all the ingredients in the jars I’ve picked up and had a little bit of inspiration. Noodles and red peppers aren’t foods I usually eat as I don’t really like them but I will get some in and have a go at creating some different dishes.

Fingers crossed for a better night all round, I really cannot stomach the thought of being up every 2 hours again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment