Thursday 19 April 2012

Day 91

I'm a bit shocked it's only been 3 months since I started weaning Morgan. He's doing so well with his food and his appetite is going from strength to strength despite being poorly, I'm a very proud mummy :-)

He did really well overnight too, no screaming fits, both bottles were finished and he fell asleep straight after each one with no complaints. He did have 2 further wake ups but he was settled very quickly both times by just stroking his face and replacing his dummy.

I went back to an old favourite of his for brekkie, pear and baby rice! He couldn't get enough of it and starting windmilling his arms with excitement, shame he doesn't understand that by doing that he gets less as mummy tends to wear quite a bit when he inevitably knocks the spoon flying lol. As I promised myself yesterday, I have picked up 2 other cereals for him to try, one is a banana porridge made with rice and corn and the other is a multigrain banana porridge. It would appear I could either get banana, stone fruit or creamy cereals, so not a huge amount of choice for him as he cannot have stone fruit or milk, I remember DD had a muesli type cereal when she was tiny so I'll have to see if I can track it down again.

Lunch was a new one for him as I'd made up pork and rice with veggies. He thoroughly enjoyed it and even coped very well with it being a chunkier meal than he's used to. I gave him a fruit pot for afters but he only had a few spoons before refusing any more, fair enough really as it was a very filling meal he'd eaten.

I did do some research on pork as I have never seen a baby food recipe containing pork and don't recall seeing any jar or pouch meals with it in either. It would seem that it's ok to introduce it once baby is used to eating white meats, just don't have it too often as it is a fatty meat and make sure it is thoroughly cooked as you would anyway I suppose!

Dinner was lamb stew, he had about half but I think he was still full from lunch time. I'd made up custard for him too but he only had a small amount of that. I must have already done a good job of filling him up today guess!!

Tomorrow I'll see what  he makes of the new cereals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment