Tuesday 24 April 2012

Day 96

Breakfast today was fingers of toast and banana multigrain porridge. After waking me up at 06.00 by screaming at the top of his lungs he was a hungry boy and ate really well...

I did another mix of chicken and cheesy pasta bake for lunch and again he ate well but refused pudding afterwards. His little cheeks seem flushed and he's chewing on his fingers so I think his teeth are moving around again and it tends to affect his appetite too.

I made it to the shops today and picked up 4 jars of baby food. I feel oddly torn about feeding it to him, probably because DD refused point blank to eat them which made sure I always had a freezer full of food for her lol. The thing that really got me was he could not get enough of the jar food after the first spoonful, it was like I'd never fed him anything so tasty in his life, little menace!!!!!!!!!! I plan to stick to feeding him mostly homemade food still, more than anything its to punish him for preferring jars lol!! I also noticed that most of the jars were bulked out with wheat which isn't ideal, I have a wheat allergy myself to try to be a bit careful how much I give the babies, the only time I cook with wheat flour is when I make a loaf of bread for sandwiches or toast, even my banana bread is wheat free. I will see if there is a brand that's more appropriate for him but for now I have a couple of different choices to hand when I need them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment