Tuesday 10 April 2012

Day 82

Morgan slept well last night when he did sleep! At 2am he woke for a bottle but didn't go back to sleep till 3am and the longer he took to drop off, the more awake I became and didn't get back to sleep till gone 4am. Oh well, I suppose as a parent you give up your right to sleep ever again as if they aren't keeping you up by screaming or demanding milk, you're up just worrying about them for any given reason.

I had little man weighed today and in 7 weeks he's put on 1 and a half pounds. I'm astounded, food clearly agrees with him. Funny thing is he hasn't bulked out, just got so much longer. At 7 months he's already in 9-12 month clothes and in all honesty will be out of them very soon.

Breakfast today was a banana feast! He had banana porridge and toasted banana bread. Good thing he likes the taste of banana, if not the texture, lol. For lunch I gave sir some lamb stew followed by apple and raspberry puree, he had all but a few spoons of each. No wonder he's gaining weight so well!!

Dinner was a little testing, all my own fault though. I heated up some chicken pasta bake for Morgan but 2 thirds of the way through eating it, I managed to drop the bowl on the floor and it went everywhere. Poor baby boy was in tears as he saw his dinner being scraped up and put into the bin. A rice cake managed to divert his attention though. I decided to just give him pudding as he was starting to lose interest in the pasta bake so heated up apple and rhubarb crumble with some oat cream. He really enjoyed it, once he got past the initial shock of it being a little sharper than he's used to! He pulled some excellent faces though lol. I am now feeling the mummy guilt creep in, I feel so mean for making him pull those faces!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment