Saturday 14 April 2012

Day 86

Awful, horrid, sleepless night. Little man just could not settle for more than an hour at a time and all he wanted was to sleep in my arms. Which is lovely, don't get me wrong, but when your holding an 18lb baby thats the almost the length of a 1 year old it's a bit difficult to get comfortable yourself. I ended up bringing him into bed and I slept on about 6 inches of mattress. How such a small person takes up so much room is beyond me.

Amazingly, Morgan had half a weetabix for breakfast. He still won't have a bottle during the day though which is worrying me a little. We went to a farm late morning with some friends and had a really lovely couple of hours wandering through sheep poo, seeing tiny newborn lambs and watching DD run from 1 pen to another as she was fascinated with the sheep inside. We had lunch there too, it felt a bit strange feeding Morgan lamb and sweet potato next to a field of sheep... Good thing was he ate it all for the first time in a few days and had half a fruit pot afterwards.

I did some more experimenting with purees yesterday and thought I would try one on baby boy. I'd made up  pasta with cauliflower and broccoli in a white sauce with a bit of dairy and soya free cheese stirred through. He really liked the first few mouthfuls but got fussier as the meal went on, he only stopped giving me dirty looks once I gave him some rice pudding. I thought it tasted really nice, but clearly Morgan isn't so inclined to agree with me!

I really think we all need a better nights sleep tonight and hope that the fresh air today with encourage that along!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment