Tuesday 24 April 2012

Day 94

I have spent most of today in the kitchen batch cooking for my babies. In the hours I spent in there I made a loaf of bread, chocolate semolina, lamb curry, chicken curry, baby version of lamb roast dinner, chicken and sweetcorn and chicken pasta bake. My freezer is over flowing yet I can only offer a limited choice of lunches and dinners to Morgan as there is only so much time I have to spend in the kitchen. I think it may be time to introduce a few jars of baby food and see how he responds. I have nothing against preprepared baby food so please don't get me wrong, its more I struggle to find baby food that doesn't include dairy, soya or parsnip and I enjoy making up and freezing portions of food for them both. With 2 children to provide for and a husband that works shifts, it becomes quite a challenge to keep on top of it.

Anyway, today I gave Morgan the strawberry and banana porridge, he wasn't quite so enthusiastic as last time but still had a good amount. He also had a mini pancake to eat, he seemed to enjoy eating it but much prefered to pick little bits of it of and stick them to the highchair tray.

For lunch, little man had lamb stew. It was the last portion in the freezer so I did advise him to make the most of it, but he was too busy trying to grab the spoon and/or bowl off me. Even giving him breadsticks to hold didn't distract him and he wore more of the food than he ate.

Funnily enough by dinner time he was very hungry! As I hadn't put it in the freezer yet, I dished up some of the pasta bake for him and he left me with a clean bowl lol. His pudding was choc semolina and he ate all but a spoonful of it.

Tomorrow I will have a look for a few jars of food to try him on, I don't intend to stop making his meals but it should ease some of the pressure I'm feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment