Friday 1 June 2012

Day 134

And today he slept till 7am! Woo hoo!! Please, please, please let him keep this up!!!! The world is so much brighter when I've slept well.

He was a hungry boy soon after he woke up but wasn't overly impressed with the instant porridge I'd made up. He had maybe half of it, but then spotted his dummy on the table and wanted that instead. I refused to give him it but he somehow managed to grab hold of it, I suspect there was a helpful toddler girl involved. Once the dummy went in there was no chance of any more food being eaten so I gave up.

I went out with my girl to try a new active toddler group in the morning, leaving Morgan asleep with his daddy. I received a message while we were out saying little man had woken up and was saying "da da da" through the monitor. I wish I'd been there as I just know he was pile of mushy love on hearing that!

I got back with little lady just before lunch so spent a frantic 15 minutes trying to prepare 3 different lunches (some days I really curse us all having different food allergies) while madam was pulling at my dress demanding snacks and sir was sat in his walker crying his heart out for some food. DH was merrily pegging out washing in the garden completely oblivious to the ear splitting racket the 3 of us were making in the kitchen, men! It calmed down once the babies were seated in their chairs with a few breadsticks. Eventually, I managed to give Morgan his beef casserole, he had all of it along with most of his apple and rhubarb crumble with oat cream.

Dinner was a bit less challenging, although I had spent 2 hours in the kitchen by then making bread, chicken curry, rice pudding, lamb curry and boiled and quinoa. I heated up some chicken pasta bake for his dinner, he really enjoyed it and kept trying to grab hold of the bowl to feed himself. I will be brave soon and put the bowl in front of him, honest... Pudding was apple and banana puree, well at least it was till he realised his sister had choccie drops. One taste of a chocolate drop and he was converted lol.

Even after his mammoth dinner, Morgan still managed to have most of his bedtime bottle. With any luck it will set him up for another good night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment