Tuesday 28 February 2012

Day 40

We've finally had a puke free day! Woo hoo!!!! Hoping that means the gaviscon is working again. I have also woman-ed up and starting changing over his formula today so that may have helped his reflux too I guess. So far we've got to 2 scoops of pepti and 4 scoops of nutramigen (the new formula) and he seems oblivious to the change. Fingers crossed this will work as his eczema is flaring up again today.

Had another awful night with Morgan. He woke up at 2am, again it seemed for a bottle, and he stayed awake for hours refusing to have a bottle. Really not sure what's going on but tonight I'm going to drop his dream feed and see if that makes any difference. We need this to work as mummy and daddy need some well earned sleep young man!!!!

Today was the final day for trying him on rusk and once again he ate a whole one. He really seems to be enjoying breakfast time, I need to have a think on some new things to offer him. I'm finding it a challenge as until he's older I don't want to try him on berries or stone fruits as they can aggravate reflux and a large proportion of baby cereals either contain milk or are aimed at older babies. I need to have a good think.

Little man had a late lunch again today as he fell asleep in the buggy on the way back from the library at 1130 and slept till 2pm. When he did wake up he was very grateful for his sweet potato, broccoli and carrot puree followed by a bottle. I'm convinced he's bored of the veggie purees so I'm going to introduce a couple of new vegetables this week then move him onto things like lentils and butterbeans.

To try and fill sir up at dinner time I gave him his favourite, pear and baby rice! He didn't quite finish the portion but he did really well considering he had a late lunch and dinner at his normal time of 5pm. Still managed to finish off his bottle afterwards though.

Tomorrow I'm not going to try any new foods, I think we need at least a full day to see how he copes with the change of formula.

0 comments:

Post a Comment