Saturday 25 February 2012

Day 36

Today was the dreaded dietician appointment. Quite why I dread it is anyones guess as when I speak to them I find they're informative and reassuring. Little man is gaining weight well, theres no concerns over his bottles or the weaning process so far and he's developing perfectly well. I mentioned his eczema and she thought he could still be sensitive to his formula so we're going to change him over from aptamil pepti 1 to nutramigen 2 and see if it helps as its meant to be further hydrolysed. I'll do a slow change over starting tomorrow and see how he reacts.

I mentioned his ever present reflux but will need to speak to the gp about it really. He's sick 2 or 3 times a day now but not big amounts really. I need to consider upping his gaviscon and risking constipation again or see if the doctors will prescribe something else to help. I should really try increasing the gaviscon first I suppose, he has 1 sachet in alternate bottles now so I'll  have a think on what to do.

We have an anniversary dinner to go to tonight which is 70 miles away and starts at dd's bedtime. I'm a little nervous but will stick to my babies normal routine for meals and just keep them up later. If they want something to eat with us thats fine but at least I won't be worried if they choose not to.

Banana porridge seems to be a big hit, Morgan had quite a bit of it before opting for his bottle. I get a feeling he will enjoy instant porridge with any fruit just as much.

Lunch was squash, broccoli and sweet potato. I can't wait to have a few more options to give him as I'm getting bored of offering the same thing every day! He doesn't seem fazed though, really enjoyed his lunch and ate about half of it.

Dinner was pear and baby rice again and he ate all of it, seems it is his current favourite bless him.

The anniversay dinner was brilliant, both my babies coped so well with being up so late and slept all the way home. They never ate a thing, which was to be expected, and no doubt will be tired tomorrow but they had a great time. Having 2 uncles, 1 aunt, 1 set of grandparents and a set of great grandparents to spoil them meant we saw very little of them all evening lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment