Sunday 26 February 2012

Day 38

I have to admit, I have wimped out completely over the change of milk and am using his eye infection as an excuse not to start it yet. Once his eyes are clear I think I'll have run out of excuses and will get on with it. Can you tell I don't like change?? I will no doubt kick myself if it all goes well, his eczema clears up and he stops being sick because of the new formula...

I have been brave enough to try Morgan on a rusk today, wheat is one of the allergens I get nervous of because I can't tolerate it. I gave him 3 quarters of a rusk mixed with his formula and handed him the last quarter to hold. He enjoyed gumming on the chunk he had but got bored of it quickly so dropped it. He really enjoyed the mush though, had the entire bowl and wasn't sick after either.

Lunch was carrot, sweet potato and broccoli. He had a good go at the bowl but I think he may be getting bored of pretty much the same foods every day as he took ages to eat it. Going to buy lots of lovely different veggies to try him on. Am considering speeding up the process by giving him a new food a day unless there is an allergy to it in the family. Bit of a cheat I know but I don't want him to lose interest in his food.

I gave him squash and baby rice for dinner, much more enthusiasm for it and he finished the entire portion.

He has been sick 3 times today so we've decided to try 4 sachets of gaviscon a day and see how he copes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment