Tuesday 24 January 2012

First day of weaning

Hi, I'm Jenny but I'm more often called 'daddy' by my confused 2 year old daughter lol. I'm also mummy to my 5 month old son called Morgan. Both my babies were born with dairy and soya allergies and I found weaning my daughter very intimidating, so knowing there are many parents out there that are in similar positions I feel compelled to share Morgans' great weaning adventure with you.

Day 1

After seeing my mini man staring at anyone that was eating and watching his chubby little hands waving around trying to steal food from us, I think he may be ready for something a bit more than milk. I've started him on a little baby rice made up with his formula. I'm beginning with a lunch time meal but may move it around depending on how he goes.

The first spoonful of rice was quite something, realising he was being fed something a little substantial, he tried to grab the spoon with both hands and was furiously sucking the rice off the spoon. I was in fits of laughter watching him!!! It felt cruel only allowing him a few spoons of something he so clearly loved but I don't want to push my luck on the first day and he still had a bottle to finish.

Tomorrow, I'll offer him a little more and see what he makes of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment