Monday 10 September 2012

I have no idea what week I'm at!!!

Having just re-read my last post, I've realised how far my babies have come in such a short space of time. We moved house nearly 2 months ago and have settled in really well I think. My little ones have come on leaps and bounds, I think the extra space we have has helped.

Little lady is about to start potty training, its something I've dreaded if I'm honest. The idea of one roaming around wondering what the lovely puddles of water are while the other is hysterical and soaking wet just fills me with dread, but she seems ready so lets give it a try.

Little man has blossomed. He turned 1 last month, starting walking 2 weeks later and has very quickly learnt to climb. The climbing freaks me out, I only have to turn my back for a moment and he's used the changing box to clamber onto the sofa and is about to walk off the edge of it and all with a huge grin on his face.

Anyway, we had the dreaded dietitian again last week. Again, she was lovely and very reassuring. I have however got another food to avoid. Nuts. She is concerned that after being sick after having a cereal with nuts in it 3 times there may be a sensitivity to them. It doesn't seem to be a big deal at the moment as I've avoided nuts through his other allergies anyway and I think the dietitian is more  concerned than I am. Makes a nice change to be quite chilled about something relating to my children lol.

It has made me list all the foods I have to avoid just to feed my little family. So far its dairy, wheat, soya, nuts, stone fruit, citrus, parsnip and tomato has to be limited. 3 of the 4 of us have food allergies and its a different combination of foods off the list for each of us, the only one we have in common is dairy. Blimey.

Morgan has really progressed with self feeding, he has finger food with every meal and I just top him up with some mashed food. Seems to work quite well. He has developed a love for marmite too. No idea where he got that from as the rest of us hate it.

I've rediscovered my love of cooking since we moved so our fridge freezer is well stocked with breads, cakes, stews, currys and anything else I can think to make. The little ones think its great, even madam has tried a few new foods, they've all been declared as "bleurgh!" but at least she had a try ;-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment